Use one of the two methods below to add Custom Columns to a project spreadsheet. Custom Columns can be added directly from within the project spreadsheet or Admin Settings. Custom Columns are only used to show information. They cannot perform calculations.
Note: The information entered only appears within the project spreadsheet and will not print on any CQ reports.
Adding Custom Columns & Headers - Project Spreadsheet
Use the steps below to add custom columns to a project spreadsheet and name the column headers.
- Click on the Projects tab.
- Inside of the Projects screen, open a project by double-clicking on it or by clicking the New button to create one. A new window will open displaying the spreadsheet for the project.
- Select the Choose Columns button in the top ribbon.
4. Move the custom column options from the Hidden Columns section to the Visible Columns section in the Column Chooser dialog. Press OK when finished.
The custom columns should now be visible in the project spreadsheet.
5. To give the columns a more meaningful name, right click on the column headers and select Set Custom Column Header.
Note: The header names only appear within the current project. To set permanent header names and create additional drop-down options you will need to access Admin Settings.
Adding Custom Columns & Headers - Admin Settings
Use the steps below to assign permanent header names to Custom Columns.
- Click Admin Settings at the bottom of the main Projects screen.
2. Click on the Company Settings button located in the top ribbon.
3. In the Company Settings window, select the Custom Columns option to begin creating custom column names. Press the check when finished or follow the instructions below to add drop-down menus to the Custom Columns.
Adding Drop Down Menus - Admin Settings
Use the steps below to add drop-down menus to the Custom Columns.
- Add drop-down menus to the columns by pressing the ellipsis button to the right of the label.
2. Click on the Add Value button from the Edit Drop Down Values dialog to type in the drop-down values.
3. Press the check buttons to save your entered values. The drop-down menus will now appear in your project spreadsheets.